Enjoying life through adventures, and capturing the passion through a lens.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Desolation and Discovery?



Today, I really wish I had brought my camera with me. It was such a beautiful day, one of the warmest days, since last year. My sister and I decided to take the kids on an adventure on the path behind her house. It was so strange to see how it was so warm and yet the fields all around us were so desolate and yellow. Then out of nowhere, you see this flash of pink, plaid, and deep blue run by and the contrasts were so fun to see; my niece in her fun colors, running down the path with her brothers. It's so much fun to see a child's joy, instead of being sad that there was no grass to play on, they found another way to entertain themselves. It's funny how many times we look around us and we frown because the path we are on isn't exactly what we hope for. Why can't we be like the kids today and find a way to make our path intriguing?, I thinking that's the word I'm thinking about right now? Why do so many times we focus on the desolate now instead of pushing forward towards adventure? I dunno maybe I'm ranting about nothing, or maybe I'm the only one who feels this way sometime.
I wish I could be more patient and be so grateful for what I have, I know this is one thing I have to work on. We have so much for us and if not we have at least one thing that is good, all we need to do is search for it. Instead of looking at the colorless, prickly path, enjoy the weather, enjoy the place you are and try to make a discovery of it.

I'm so blessed that I had this moment to learn from my family, even if it wasn't the intention of theirs, I'm still blessed.

So this post's picture is of the irony of weather in this blog. About 2 days ago, it snowed and I just couldn't resist getting a "silent" picture.

2 comments:

Evan said...

It is not just your background that has completely changed. I will be joyful in the path I'm on with you.

Evan said...

I just sent you OurDailyBread's post from 10 Mar in an email, and refreshed the page to find 11 Mar. It tells the story so perfectly close to yours. You are amazing.