Enjoying life through adventures, and capturing the passion through a lens.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Restoration?






Hiya,

I completely thought that it had been at least 2 weeks, but I just looked at a calendar and it's only been a week. Well Now we are in Colorado and so much has happened since the boy and I have been here. It's been great to see so many friends/family and be able to feel at home. I didn't realize how much I have missed Colorado (including the crazy drivers).

So far since we have been here, we have been exploring around Co. Springs, went to downtown Denver a extraordinary birthday bash, shaved the boys heads for curiosity (hehe), and have been trying to be of help since Stephen's surgery.

I honestly thought coming back to Colorado was going to be atrocious, with so many memories I have here, most of them are bad. Mainly my bad choices, but it has been healing to come back to the foundation and be restored. Not just just me but friendships, as well. Well, that's the thought so far. It's been emotionally trying, but I don't regret coming here and I do believe the things in past can only make us stronger when we learn from our mistakes. LOL I am listening to a song right now and it just said "We all have a story of adolescence and glory." I say, perfect timing. I will have to put this song on the player so we can all giggle.

Well I've completely lost my train of thought so I take it that it;s time to Khalas (finish).

It would only let me upload these 5, so this the day after we got here. :)

3 comments:

Grace McHugh said...

Restoration brings out the beauty of something that has previously been covered in dirt and scars. It is a beautiful word. I am so glad you are here.

dnpolite said...

Love this band by the way.

Evan said...

edhaq, ya habibti. entih habibti wtekmili hayati. I tried to hold it in after seeing the second picture (the one with Boy 1's arm around Boy 2). You and God taught me that we are forged from what has happened, good or bad. God is our furnace. We are the sword. You told me that a long time ago.