Enjoying life through adventures, and capturing the passion through a lens.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dancing to be Happy??


“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard." -David McCullough

I love to write, I hate to edit or to write eloquently. I from writing I am able to just sort everything in my mind and if comes out beautifully and inspirationally, I am happy. In reality I'm just happy to write while listening to my tunes. (inward awkward smile).

Sooooo from yesterday, wanting to just disappear into the endless unknown of what nature brings...I still want to do that but I have put my passport. Wouldn't have matter much anyways since we are not allowed to travel internationally yet but a girl can dream.  As I have been feeling such a void, I decided to pick up some of my old loves today and one of those loves was dancing. I popped a youtube tutorial up on hiphop and let me tell you, I looked like a flailing monkey.. it was bad, I mean even Lucy was sitting on the couch with her chew toy and cocked her head to the side. No Lucy, I'm not having a seizure but thank you for checking up on me....It was the worst and best experience I have done in a while and it also made me realize if I want to get back into dancing shape I must put on my flailing monkey pants more often. 

I guess today I am learning that it is always good to get back to your basic loves when you feel lost or stagnant. It is good to see who you were and find what made you smile and appreciating who you are now. Don't forget that even when you get older to get up every now again and flail around, go on hikes with no one, go paint, or even knit a sweater. Your quirks are your accents and there is no one like you.  I think that's pretty dope.

I hope this finds you well. :)

No comments: